Monday, March 10, 2008

Keyholes and meeting the neighbors

So, does anybody know what this is? Hmmm? Hmmm? Guesses? Ah, yes, that is right, a keyhole! But what is in the keyhole? That's right - it's money.

This is our money door. Didn't you know that money grows in doors? Luke has been fascinated by "monies, peddies, nicols and kortars" and apparently the keyhole of our hallway door makes a fabulous piggy bank. If you ever need any spare change, just visit the money door. And make sure you let me know how you got those suckers out because I can't get them out for the life of me.

I met some more neighbors yesterday. The street that we live on as well as the one right behind us is chock full of Americans. I opened my bedroom window yesterday and I smelled the aroma of a BBQ grill, heard kids laughing and playing, and I heard people speaking English. I took Luke out in the backyard to put together his slide and let him wander around to check out the kids. I met the lady who lives behind us and she filled me in about the neighborhood babysitters, pets and kids. I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so we can play outside more often. I have a feeling that hanging out there will be the majority of my adult interaction throughout the days and I look forward to chatting with other women and getting tips about traveling and shopping and getting answers to my many questions about this place.

No comments: