Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The baby's room

The baby's room is complete.  I love the way it turned out - it is so colorful, comfortable and sweet.  And the things that I love the most? The fact that almost nothing is new.  The crib, along with all of the bedding, are the same crib and bedding we used with Luke.  The dresser is mine from when I was a child.  The rocking chair and the blue upholstered chair were Brian's grandmothers.  The changing table was Luke's and the green sign and framed picture above the crib were also in Luke's nursery.  The geckos on the wall and the lanterns hanging near the window are tokens from our lanai in Hawaii.  The oil painting near the geckos was created by my Grandma Vickery. The only items that are new in this room are the curtains (IKEA), a couple of blankets, burp cloths and mats that mom and I made, 3 fabulous circle bathroom mats from last year's Christmas clearance at The Company Store, and a beautiful watercolor hung above the changing table that I found on Etsy for all of $10.  Brian and I took it to our Arts & Crafts shop and got it matted and framed.  





1 comment:

Erin Teplin said...

Looks Great Liz! Now you just need a baby to make it complete. We are checking daily to see when the little bundle makes a big appearance! Great luck to you all.