Monday, January 5, 2009

Major Davis


It's official, you can now refer to Brian as Major Davis!  It is crazy how time flies. I remember when I pinned on his Captains rank when we were still just engaged, in October of 2002.  A lot sure has happened in the last 6 years - we were married, moved off the mainland US, had a beautiful baby boy, moved out of the country, are expecting a sweet baby girl and have endured through 2 long deployments.  Brian's boss, LTC Barker said some amazing words about Brian tonight and I agree with every one of them.  He does deserve this promotion and everything that comes with it. And Brian gave a wonderful promotion thank you speech - talking about the values that are important to him, thanking all of his mentors and gave a special thanks to Luke and I, along with the rest of our family, his parents and his grandma, who passed away in May of 2008 and who always said prayers to keep Brian safe.  
Here are the pictures from the promotion tonight at a local gasthaus.  Luke and I stood up front with Brian while the official "promotion speech" was being read and then I pinned Brian's new rank on his Stetson.  And take a look at that belly! Whew! Enjoy!







4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Congratulations to all of you! I think that kind of a promotion/accomplishment really belongs to your whole family because Brian couldn't have done it without you!

Janean said...

Brian, congrats! I mean MAJOR Davis, SIR. (smile)

Hope your holidays were filled with joy. Happy New Year.

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Congratulations for the promotion...I didn't realize hubby was CAV...we have a big Cav unit at FOrt Carson. :)
RObin
CreationsAnew

Erin Teplin said...

Congratulations to you all! Liz, you look so stinkin' cute with that belly! I know you are counting down the baby arrival days. We can't wait for your story. Keep on smiling.