Friday, September 26, 2008

Oktoberfest and Pumpkins

Brian went to Oktoberfest on Wednesday. Yup, THE Oktoberfest in Munich. He went with a group of families from work and they had a great time. They took the train there - about a 2 hour ride - and back. Brian said it was the largest fest he has ever seen and it was amazing. They stayed about 4 hours and that wasn't nearly enough time to see and do everything. The women who went along had their cameras (of course!) and took some great pictures and sent them my way. I wasn't brave enough to take Luke up there, although he would have enjoyed the train ride, being a the Fest would have been too overwhelming for him. Maybe next year? Here are some pictures, hope you enjoy them!

Oktoberfest! - the Paulaner tent
Another huge beer tent
The Paulaner horses
I believe this is where the group ate lunch


I know it looks like Brian is on a kiddie ride, I mean he is sitting on a SWING after all...
but THIS is the crazy, terrifyingly high ride that he is on. ACK!

And here is the view from way up there.

In addition to the Oktoberfest fun, Brian came home from work last night with a special surprise for Luke. Luke and I were in the baby's room trying to hang stuff on the walls when Brian called up that he bought Luke a present. Luke looked at me and said "a present!?!" I told him to go downstairs to see what it is. I heard his little feet thumping down the stairs and all of a sudden I heard him take the biggest inhalation of surprise and heard him exclaim "oh! what is it?!?" Brian laughed and asked him what it is and Luke exclaims "It's a PUM-KIN!" Luke was so excited - he sat by it for at least 15 minutes, trying to pick it up and just checking it out. He kept exclaiming "mommy! mommy! is a pum-kin!" Brian is talking about carving it this weekend (I know, a little early) but he said that we can always buy another one later in October. Here are some pics of Luke and his prize pumpkin.



1 comment:

Emily of Ella-Bear Bowtique said...

Looks like your hubby had a blast! You should definately try going next year. It is so cool and there is so much to see and do.